What do I need to get there?
Skills that stand you in a
very good position for getting a job in banking and finance are as follows:
- Relevant university degree
(such as banking and finance, mathematics, business studies)
- Strong communication and numerical skills
- Feeling confident in your abilities and being able to work under pressure
- Efficient IT and interpersonal skills
- Being a responsible person with a knowledge of other languages and other cultures
- The capability to comprehend client needs and good relationship management skills
- Tip-top negotiation, research and presentation skills
Starting salaries in banking and finance for graduates are phenomenal. Those entering banking or financial services can expect on average £28,500 while those working at an investment bank or as fund managers can be expected to earn about £38,250.